*Thank you for your patience as we update this page.
Policies and Procedures
Any person regardless of race, religion, or creed may become an active member by completing a written application and paying dues.
Your membership allows use of our entire facility
- 6 lane indoor heated pool, sauna, steam room and hot tub
- Wellness Center
- Free Weight Room
- Free fitness classes
- Racquetball and squash courts
- Outddor 1/4 mile running track
- Locker room facilities
- Reduced rates for YMCA programs
- 3 Free Orientations
*There may be times when special events or programs prohibit the use of our gymnasiums and pool.
Please call to schedule an appointment with one of our fitness staff for an appointment to become familiar with our programs and equipment and to create your own personalized fitness program. This is key to your success. We are here for you!
There are a couple methods available to you to pay for your membership.
- You may choose to pay monthly by allowing us to draft either your checking account or your credit card account.
- Payroll deduction is also offered by local employers who chose to offer this employment benefit. Members dues, processing fees and program fees are subject to change.
You are considered a member of this organization and responsible for all dues until you sign a cancellation form at the Member Services desk. Initial payment can be made by cash, check, money order, credit or debit card. You will be charged a service charge for any charge denied by your bank. Membership privileges are suspended until bad debts are paid. A new processing fee will be required on all cancelled accounts after sixty days.
IMPORTANT NOTE - Any changes to your bank/credit card information, including expiration dates, may affect your monthly draft and could result in a decline. Please notify us immediately of any changes.
The Henderson Family YMCA will not deny participation in any activity because of an individual's lack of funds. Financial assistance is available to those who complete an application and present required income verification. to those who qualify, rates will be adjusted according to income.
The YMCA reserves the right to change prices and alter schedules without prior publication notice. We will try to keep these changes to a minimum. Make sure to download our mobile app and stay connected! Changes are communicated via website, Daxko mobile app, and social media.
We do not have a return policy. There are no refunds for membership.
The Y occasionally cancels a class due to insufficient registration. In the event the Y cancels a class, full refund or program credit will be issued. No refund is given unless the class is canceled by the YMCA.
Henderson Family YMCA members age 18 and older are welcome to bring a guest to the Y at any time.
- One (1) guest is allowed per visit. A guest equals one (1) individual or a family unit.
- All guests must be properly registered and checked-in with Member Services.
- Guests 16 years of age and older must provide photo ID.
- Guests 12 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Local guests (residents of Vance, Granville, Warren, or Franklin counties) must be accompanied by a member. Members need not accompany guests from outside the four (4) county area, but must arrange the guest's visit with Member Services.
- Each guest is limited to ten (10) visits per year.
- Guest fees apply to all guests, every visit.
- Age 13 and over $10 per day
- Age 12 and under $5 per day
Members assume full responsibility for the conduct of their guests, including any damage or vandalism. Improper conduct by a guest may affect the sponsoring members's status up to including suspension or termination of membership.
Each guest age 18 years of age and older will be scanned through a National Sex Offender Registry database. Access will be denied to any individual registered as a sex offender.
YMCA staff has the right to refuse guests due to overcrowding.
The Henderson Family YMCA strongly encourages parents and guardians to use good judgement regarding the supervision of their children while at the YMCA. Members, participants, and guests of all ages are expected to abide by the YMCA's Code of Conduct. The YMCA is not a "hang out" for teens or a substitution for supervised child care. The YMCA reserves the right for staff to make discretionary decisions regarding prolonged attendance by unsupervised teens, including contacting a parent or guardian with a request to pick up the teen.
- BASIC FACILITY: Members must be at least 13 years of age to be left unsupervised at the YMCA. children aged 12 years and under must be accompanied and supervised by a parent/guardian (age 16 or older) or enrolled and participating in a supervised program.
- NURSERY: Children aged 6 weeks - 5 years may be left in the nursery up to a maximum of two (2) hours each session (morning & evening) however, the parent/guardian may not leave the premises.
- KID ZONE: Children aged 6-12 years may attend Kid Zone however, the parent/guardian may not leave the premises. If Kid Zone is closed, children aged 6-12 may be left in the Nursery for up to one (1) hour.
- POOL: Children aged 7 years and older (who can swim without aid as determined by lifeguard) may be in the pool without adult supervision however, the parent/guardian may not leave the premises. All children aged 6 years and under, as well as children aged 7 years and older (who require a swimming aid as determined by lifeguard) must be accompanied in the pool by a parent/guardian and remain with in arm's reach of the parent/guardian at all times.
- GYM/RACQUET COURTS: Persons aged 13 years and older are permitted to use the gym and racquet courts. Children aged 12 years and younger must be directly supervised.
- KIDS GYM: Persons aged 12 years and younger are permitted to use the Kids Gym when accompanied and supervised by a parent/guardian (aged 16 years or older) or enrolled and participating in a supervised YMCA program. Persons aged 13 years and older may use the Kids Gym for organized activities (i.e. pickleball, badminten). Please do not dunk on the basketball goals in the Kids Gym.
- WELLNESS CENTER: Persons aged 15 years and older may use the Wellness Center. Members aged 11-14 years must complete the Weights, Wellness, & Fitness (WWF) certification in order to use the Wellness Center. Members aged 11-12 must complete the WWF certification and be directly supervised by a parent/guardian. Guests aged 14 and under may not use the Wellness Center.
- FREE WEIGHT ROOM: Persons aged 15 years and older may use the Free Weight Room.
- GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES: Persons aged 13 years and older may attend group exercise classes. With the instructor's express permission and at the instructors discretion, children ages 12 and younger may participate in a group exercise class with a parent/guardian who is also participating in the class. Some classes may not be appropriate for some children.
Any special circumstances which may merit an exception to this Age policy must be approved in writing by the appropriate YMCA Director, in consultation with other YMCA staff.
Lockers can be used daily by members with a lock and key checked out at the Member Services desk, or a locker can be rented by the year. If the member chooses to rent a locker for the year the member should provide a lock for the rented locker. The member may select their personal locker to be used for the duration of the year. The member will be invoiced for the locker rental in January for the upcoming year. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Locks left on daily-use lockers will be removed and articles taken to the lost and found area.
YMCA T-shirts, sweatshirts, swim googles, swim caps, and towels as well as bottled water and protein drinks can be purchased at our Member Services desk.
Appropriate shirts and non-marking shoes are to be worn in the building at all times. Swimming apparel is restricted to the pool area. Fitness apparel and appropriate gymnasium attire is expected in the Wellness Center and Gym.
Our gymnasium is a full-sized school regulation gym. We have two cross court basketball floors. Seventeen laps around the gym equal one mile.
- Appropriate gym attire is required at all times.
- Children are not permitted in the gym during times scheduled for adult classes.
- At all times, please follow the schedule posted on the website. Schedule changes may be made during school vacation times.
- All members and guests will be expected to conduct themselves in a proper manner at all times.
- Only non-marking rubber soled gym shoes are allowed on the gym floor.
- Violators of the rules and regulations will forfeit their membership privileges.
- No eating or drinking in the gym.
The children's gymnasium was built for children aged 12 and under for their games and activities when the gym is not being used by child care, summer camps, youth basketball or other planned children's activities. All adults must be accompanied by a child in the age group.
*Reserved 2:30-6:00pm on school days or 7:30-6:00pm on holidays, teacher workdays and during Summer Camp.
- Be respectful. Be kind and mindful. Swearing, grunting, or distracting others with offensive language/noises will not be tolerated.
- Please wear clothing that covers your chest, back and stomach.
- Please Wear closed-toed athletic shoes.
- Your health matters. Please wipe off equipment before and after use with the towels and cleaner provided.
- Spill Free Zone - Use only water in bottles mad of non-breakable material. No food or beverages.
- Electronics - Thank you for leaving cell phone conversations outside the respective fitness area in respect of other members. Please use headphones/earbuds to listen to music, podcasts, etc.
- Thirty Minute Rule - please adhere to the thirty-minute rule when using the cardiovascular equipment during peak hours. If additional machines are available when you complete your 30 minute workout, feel free to stay on the machine and increase your time.
- We encourage you to progress through our resistance equipment so that other members may continue their workout.
- Please be respectful and do not rest on equipment and if possible, allow others to work in between your sets.
- Please insert the weight pin correctly and do not slam the weights down on the resistance equipment. Raise and lower weights in a smooth, fluid motion.
- Do not, for any reason, place fingers between weight stacks.
- Weights and equipment must be used in the respective fitness areas only.
- Always return weights and equipment to their proper storage area when finished. Please be respectful of other participants and staff.
- If unfamiliar with the use of a machine, please consult a staff member for instructions.
Our Certified Personal Trainers and fitness staff are available to help you meet your fitness goals.
The Wellness Center offers a variety of cardiovascular equipment including ellipticals, treadmills, recumbent bikes and more. In addition, we offer the Matrix Weight Conditioning System which provides a series of workout stations that allows a total body workout of every major muscle group. So feel free to schedule an appointment with one of our wellness staff to become familiar with our equipment.
- Age Policy
- All new members aged 15 years and older may receive three basic orientations to become familiar with our equipment.
- Members aged 11-14 years must complete a Weights, Wellness & Fitness (WWF) orientation before accessing the Wellness Center. A doctors approved physical within the last 12 months is required. *Members aged 11-12 directly supervised by a parent/guardian.
- Guests aged 14 and under may not use the Wellness Center.
The Free Weight room offers a variety of dumbbells, barbells, kettlebells, medicine balls, and resistance bands. Free weights are a form of strength training that offers resistance exercises provided by 'free' objects that aren't attached to anything and that you can pick up and move for a personalized total body workout of every major muscle group.
- Age Policy
- Members aged 15 years and older may access the Free Weight room.
The Henderson Family YMCA offers a wide range of aerobic exercise programs for members at no additional cost.
- Group Fitness Classes: .
- Water Aerobics: An outstanding program for those that find floor exercise to be too stressful for the bones and joints. Emphasis is on total fitness, including heart-lung endurance, muscle flexibility and endurance.
Class schedule is subject to change. Our nursery is available for the children of members taking classes.
Stay connected via website, Daxko mobile app, social media and Members Services to view schedules.