At the Y, we have the facilities, equipment, programs, and staff to support you. Make new friends, increase your self-confidence, and improve your spiritual, mental and physical health. Engage your mind, spirit and body!
Equipment orientation is included with membership
New and Existing Member Aged 15+ years
Offered to those who want to become familiar with our equipment in the Wellness Center and/or Free Weight Room.
- Introduction to our cardiovascular equipment.
- Introduction to our strength training equipment. How to set adjustments, and the weight you should begin lifting.
- Introduce a total body workout of every major muscle group.
- By appointment only.
New and Existing Member Aged 11-14 years
Required for this age group who want to become familiar with our equipment and use the Wellness Center.
- We offer a variety of cardiovascular equipment including ellipticals, treadmills, recumbent bikes and more. We also offer the Matrix Weight Strength Training System which provides a series of workout stations that allows a total body workout of every major muscle group.
- By appointment only.
- A current physical within the past year is required.
Submit your child's physical (Att: WWF Orientation Physical) to our Member Services Desk, fax 252.492.1642, or email@example.com, prior to your scheduled appointment.
Prepare for your orientation
- Wear a comfortable top, athletic shorts/pants and sneakers.
- Avoid wide-leg or loose pants that could get tangled up in the pedals or your feet.
- Please wear clothes that cover your chest, back and stomach
- Wear closed toed-shoes.
- Water in bottle made of non-breakable material.
- May bring a personal hand towel or towels are available for purchase - $2 large and $1 small
- Lockers are provided as a FREE complimentary service to you for your gym bags, keys and personal items.
- Phones need to be silenced if kept on your person during the orientation.
- Be respectful. Be kind and mindful. Swearing, grunting, or distracting others with offensive language/noises will not be tolerated.
- Please wear clothing that covers your chest, back and stomach.
- Please Wear closed-toed athletic shoes.
- Your health matters. Please wipe off equipment before and after use with the towels and cleaner provided.
- Spill Free Zone - Use only water in bottles mad of non-breakable material. No food or beverages.
- Electronics - Thank you for leaving cell phone conversations outside the respective fitness area in respect of other members. Please use headphones/earbuds to listen to music, podcasts, etc.
- Thirty Minute Rule - please adhere to the thirty-minute rule when using the cardiovascular equipment during peak hours. If additional machines are available when you complete your 30 minute workout, feel free to stay on the machine and increase your time.
- We encourage you to progress through our resistance equipment so that other members may continue their workout.
- Please be respectful and do not rest on equipment and if possible, allow others to work in between your sets.
- Please insert the weight pin correctly and do not slam the weights down on the resistance equipment. Raise and lower weights in a smooth, fluid motion.
- Do not, for any reason, place fingers between weight stacks.
- Weights and equipment must be used in the respective fitness areas only.
- Always return weights and equipment to their proper storage area when finished. Please be respectful of other participants and staff.
- If unfamiliar with the use of a machine, please consult a staff member for instructions.